[tor-reports] SponsorR February 2016 report

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Mon Mar 7 19:39:47 UTC 2016

Hello,

here is the February 2016 report for SponsorR:

- After the first round of code review we revisited the prop250 code, fixed the
  issues found and then put it back in needs_review (#16943).

- Some initial implementation planning and coordination for the rest of proposal 224.

- More research was done on prop259 and Tor's guard selection algorithms. We are
  aiming for a better algorithm and API for entry guards:
     https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2016-February/010392.html
     https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2016-February/010417.html
  This is essential prerequisite for implementing the vanguard proposal (prop247).

- Discussed security of mixed latency anonymity networks:
     https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2016-February/010434.html

- Discussed the possibility of adding confidence intervals to the hidden
  services graphs. More research needed.

- More administration work for Rob and Aaron's experiment with PrivEx.

- In the meanwhile, the new [tor-onions] mailing list has been active and full
  of fruitful discussions.
    https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-onions/2016-February/thread.html