[tor-reports] Damian's Status Report - February 2015

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Sat Mar 5 22:16:07 UTC 2016

Titan II, V2, SR-71 Blackbird, not to mention the Spruce Goose. If
you're ever in Oregon I'd highly suggest the Evergreen Aerospace
Museum. It's truly impressive.

  http://www.evergreenmuseum.org/popular-exhibits

I'd also suggest the Bonneville Dam, but I'm kinda a sucker for
big feats of engineering.

  http://www.nwp.usace.army.mil/Locations/ColumbiaRiver/Bonneville.aspx

Fun trip aside February was a productive month!

Google Summer of Code

We're in!

  https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-google-summer-code-2016

Org administration is taking a big chunk of my time and will continue
to do so through March, but things are coming together nicely. Student
applications are due March 25th. Many thanks to Isabela, Roger, and
Sebastian for helping with the proposal!

Nyx Torrc Panel

Last panel's done! In doing so we're dropping torrc validation which
has been the #1 point of confusion for arm users on irc. As always
the rewrite came with deletion of what we in the biz call 'a crap
ton of code'...

  https://gitweb.torproject.org/nyx.git/commit/?id=66cb24b

Still lot more work before we release, but getting closer!

Few other noteworthy things...

* Stem now provides fallback directory information...

  https://stem.torproject.org/api/descriptor/remote.html#stem.descriptor.remote.FallbackDirectory

* Stem now understands 'accpet6/reject6' exit policy entries. This
  has been a big pain point for some users. Thanks to teor for
  the help! (#16053)

* Wrote a DocTor script for David that notifies us when previously
  BadExited relays return to the network. (#18246)

* Revived the tor-wiki-changes@ notification list.

  https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-wiki-changes/2016-February/017444.html

Cheers! -Damian