[tor-reports] Damian's Status Report - May 2016

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Mon Jun 13 17:12:14 UTC 2016

Hmmm, think I'll start providing blog links. Between images and links
they're a lot nicer than plaintext reports...

  http://blog.atagar.com/may2016/

None the less if ya just want text here ya go!

Eeek I'm late! Wanted to get the PyCon trip report out first but...
ok, maybe I went a tad overboard there. Oh well, better late than
never. Between summer festivals and health issues tor took the back
seat again this month but still some neat stuff...

PyCon

Probably wrote way too much on this already so I'll spare ya. If
you haven't skimmed the report yet then check it out - PyCon was
a neat event!

  http://blog.atagar.com/pycon2016/

Nyx Event Selection Dialog

Remember arm's bizarre and clumsy event selection dialog [1]?
Remember how confusing it was?

  https://www.atagar.com/transfer/tmp/event_selection.png

Yeah, it sucked. Sambuddha and I have been tossing pull requests
back and forth all month as part of his GSoC project. This is
requiring a lot of my direct involvement but oh well, the new
dialog has turned out nicely!

  https://www.atagar.com/transfer/nyx/event_dialog.png

Few other noteworthy things...

  * Thanks to Peter DocTor moved to an IPv6 host this month [2],
    allowing me to expand it to check DirAuth ORPort reachability [3].

  * DocTor now monitors the reachability of tor's fallback directories. [4]

  * Stem's tutorials now show how to reuse the *.onion address for
    an ephemeral hidden service. [5]

That's all. Happy hacking! -Damian

[1] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/18499
[2] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/17298