[tor-reports] Georg's January 2016

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Mon Feb 8 12:58:37 UTC 2016

Hi,

most part of my time I spent on helping with release related tasks which
were quite many this month as we got 6 releases out: 5.0.7, 5.5, 5.5a6,
5.5a6-hardened, 6.0a1 and 6.0a1-hardened. And, for the first time, all
the administrative tasks for the Tor Browser team landed on my plate.

Furthermore, I worked on our authenticode signing setup [1][2] and
debugged some issues with our Gitian environment.[3][4]
With respect to our hardened-builds I tested and provided feedback for
the planned SelfRando patches.[5] We are about to get nightly builds
going with them.

I additionally I spent time on:

-changing the search URL of DuckDuckGo to the onion version[6]
-creating and testing a new MAR signing key[7]
-getting FlashProxy out of Tor Browser[8]
-a NSS patch backport against the SLOTH attack (which we eventually did
not need)[9]
-reviewing code (e.g. [10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17])

Georg

[1] https://bugs.torproject.org/15538
[2] https://bugs.torproject.org/17870
[3] https://bugs.torproject.org/17777