[tor-reports] Damian's Status Report - December 2016

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Fri Dec 30 20:23:59 UTC 2016

Happy end to 2016! Shockingly Christmas holidays weren't the most
productive for me. Family aside a particularly juicy cold knocked
me flat for a week. That said, here's the tor things I was up to
in December...

Descriptor Protocol Support

Added Stem support for new tor additions, biggest being tor's new
protocol fields [1]. While doing this work ran into some issues
where tor's actual behavior conflicts with the spec [2]. Now just
waiting for another pair of eyes.

Tor Internal Bylaws

Progress! Taking this slow to do my best to make sure we get it
right but think we're narrowing in on a voting procedure folks
are comfortable with.

[1] https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/commit/?id=eb4fb3c5
[2] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/21059