[tor-reports] July 2016 Report for the Tor Browser Team

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Tue Aug 9 09:28:00 UTC 2016

Hi,

July was one of the rare months without any new Tor Browser release. We
mainly prepared Tor Browser 6.0.3, 6.5a2 and 6.5a2-hardened which were
due in the first week of August. Apart from that we worked on SponsorU
tickets, most notably on reviewing past Tor Browser vulnerabilities[1]
and on including our external helper dialog directly into Firefox code[2].

The full list of tickets closed by the Tor Browser team in July is
accessible using the TorBrowserTeam201607 tag in our bug tracker[3].

For August, no further releases than 6.0.3, 6.5a2 and 6.5a2-hardened are
planned which allows us to focus on our SponsorU tasks[4] and address
issues that came up with our recent alpha releases[5][6][7]. The full
list of tickets on our radar for this month can be seen with the
TorBrowserTeam201608 tag in our bug tracker[8].

Georg

[1] https://bugs.torproject.org/16652
[2] https://bugs.torproject.org/19273
[3]