[tor-reports] SponsorR August 2015 report

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Thu Sep 3 15:18:35 UTC 2015

Hello,

here is the August 2015 report for SponsorR:

- We crunched through 8 years of consensus data to help with an exciting
  visualization of how data flows around the Tor network. We also helped with an
  algorithm that simulates tor flows between relays.

  The Uncharted team released the visualization here: https://torflow.uncharted.software/

- We published a first release of OnioNS (The Onion Name System) for beta testing:
  https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2015-August/009221.html

- We continued our work with the IETF on standarizing .onion as a tld:
  https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-onion-tld/

- We fundamentally improved our proposal for "Direct Onion Services":
  https://gitweb.torproject.org/user/special/torspec.git/log/?h=xxx-direct-onion

  This new system allows a whole new class of use cases, and provides greater
  performance and versatility than the previous proposed system.