[tor-reports] Cristobal's SoP final status report #7

Cristobal clv at riseup.net
Wed Oct 14 08:03:58 UTC 2015

Hi everyone!

This is my final status report for SoP project "erebus"! During the last
two weeks I:

* Documented almost all the code and fixed some bits in the way.
* Added support for Secure Websockets (over TLS).
* Added a license and updated the readme.

University took me quite an effort last weeks, so I wish I have coded
more! SoP is ending but I definitely want to stick around and continue
to maintain and develop this project. Although there are still things
pending from what I intended to finish on this last 3 months, I can
summarize my progress as the following:

* Developed core functionalities for erebus backend, including:
controllers for keeping track of erebus execution, tor control
connection and websockets.
* Developed core functionalities for erebus frontend, including:
controllers and factories to communicate with erebus backend.
* Designed a clean base UI.
* Slowly started to integrate myself in other areas besides my project,
which translated into attending meetings, helping with patches and
receiving/giving feedback from the community.
* Learned **a lot** in the way, not only about technical stuff (tor,
stem, AngularJS) but also about community aspects.

I'd like to thank my mentor Damian Johnson for guiding me during the
last 3 months, always answering my newbie-questions and giving me
feedback, and most important, always with an exceptional disposition.

It was a great experience to participate in Tor Summer of Privacy and I
plan to stick around!

Thanks!
-
Best,