[tor-reports] Tom's March

Tom Ritter tom at ritter.vg
Mon Mar 30 04:21:20 UTC 2015

I went to Valencia! I met lots of Tor People, it was pretty awesome.
Did some stuff this month, but not much.

Consensus-Health
====================

In Valencia I got some wish-list items from some of the DirAuths for
consensus-health.  This included relay fingerprints, links to
Atlas/Globe, and authority keysizes.  These are all deployed at
https://consensus-health.torproject.org/ now _but_ historical versions
of the relay table not yet accessible as Apache needs to be updated to
enable access to them.

See https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/15475

Tor Browser Hardening

One of the ToDos from Valencia was to look at the hardening flags for TBB

Short story: ASLR/DEP are good on all platforms. Stack Canaries are
annoying to test for as I'd have to write some ASM parsing, but you
should only get easy exploits if you lack them _and_ DEP or ASLR.
Wrote some suggestions on how to automatically detect these features

-tom