[tor-reports] GetTor's status report

ilv ilv at torproject.org
Tue Mar 10 05:52:51 UTC 2015

Hi people,

This is the first of the new status reports for GetTor project. These
reports will cover development and stats. Here we go:

- -----------------------------
 Development during February
- -----------------------------

- - Created script to automate the upload of Tor Browser to cloud
services when a new version is available[1].
- - Created script to upload Tor Browser files to Github[2].
- - Wrote more proposals to change GetTor's message body for the email
distributor[3].
- - Collaborated with Tor2web in the implementation of a GetTor feature[4].
- - Revamped GetTor's wiki page[5]. This is a great place to start if
you are interested in the development process.

- -------------------------
 Stats (Nov-Dic-Jan-Feb)
- -------------------------

Since the deployment of the new GetTor (sometime in mid November) we
have received:

- - 12788 requests for the email distributor, from 5859 different accounts.

The stats collection process is quite simple and prioritizes the
user's anonymity, so currently we can't know how many requests are
valid and how many of them are spam.

That's all for now. We hope to keep providing these reports on a
monthly basis.

1. https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/14744
2. https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/14835
3. https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/9036