[tor-reports] Donncha's SoP Status Report 1

Donncha O'Cearbhaill donncha at donncha.is
Sun Jun 7 17:12:23 UTC 2015

Hello all,

This is my first biweekly status report for my hidden service scaling /
load-balancing SoP project.

* I discussed current hidden service experiences with some hidden
service operators. I summarized their feedback on a tor-talk post. [1, 2]

* Began work on #14846 to allow hidden service descriptors to be
retrieved from a local service's descriptor cache.

* Discussed current design for OnionBalance with my mentors dgoulet and
asn. Began writing a specification for the current design.

* Fixed some bugs in the current OnionBalance code [3, 4].

For the next two weeks I will be working on finishing the design
specification and work on getting the `Basic Mode` code improved,
documented and ready for testing.

In personal work, I released a tool to allow website operators using
CloudFlare to whitelist access from Tor IP addresses. [5]

Have a good weekend,
Donncha

[1] https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2015-May/037966.html
[2] https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2015-June/038058.html