[tor-reports] Juha's report for May
juha.nurmi at ahmia.fi
Mon Jun 1 20:42:00 UTC 2015
- Applied funding from Knight Foundation for Anuj and me to code Ahmia.
- DARPA Memex related work.
- Made a plan how to prevent exit node harassment in Finland:
Background: Finnish ISPs are cutting the connections if it looks like there
is an active malware according to the automatic malware feeds. It is
possible to get wrong copyright infringement claims etc. I have been
drafting with the government agencies how to prevent this and keep the
exits running :)
1) Simple web form where the exit node admin can register that he is
running an exit node (exit's ID and name) in his home.
2) National Cyber Security Centre Finland (NCSC-FI) would "white list" the
exit node's IP and this information would prevent unnecessary malware
warnings, copyright infringement claims and criminal investigation.
Furthermore, National Bureau of Investigation (Finland) would know that a
certain IP is carrying 3th party traffic.
2.1) NCSC-FI would just "white list" the IP address if it is a static
2.2) If the IP address is dynamic NCSC-FI would automatically test every
hour what is the IP address of the exit and keep it white listed.
I will code the web form and the "white listing" automatization for dynamic
IP addresses. After all, running an exit node is legal under the Finnish
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the tor-reports