[tor-reports] dgoulet's May 2015

David Goulet dgoulet at ev0ke.net
Mon Jun 1 19:31:48 UTC 2015

# Status report for May 2015

- Worked of the HS health monitoring tool (#13209). Adding detection, improving
  the code and logging.

  https://gitlab.com/hs-health/hs-health
  Design draft: https://gitlab.com/hs-health/hs-health/blob/master/design.md

  Misbehaving (maybe?) HSDirs have been found by the tool and reported on
  bad-relays@ mailing list. New test has been added to better detect them and
  log the event.

  Log changed to csv format so we can start creating visualization of what we
  collect (graphs are starting to come out).

- Merged patches for Torsocks. Also big torsocks tricket cleanup!

  New 2.1.0 release:
  https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2015-May/037979.html

- I organized and attended NorthSec Security Conference and Competition
  (https://nsec.io).

  May 20th to 24th.

- Review of Nick's *large* patch, #12498.

- Review and work on multiple patches for 0.2.7. Here some that worth
  mentionning:

  #3733: Tor should abandon rendezvous circuits that cause a client request to
  time out
  #4862: Consider disabling dynamic intro point formula (numerology)
	--> ended up in a refactoring of rend_services_introduce(), see volatile
	dev branch in my personal repo: bug4862_027_02_experimental
  #8243: Getting the HSDir flag should require more effort
  #14917: Client's choice of rend point can leak info about hidden service's
  guard relay
  #15881: Adds the descriptor ID for each HS_DESC event.
  #16021: Test: add unit test for rend_data_t create/free/dup/* functions.