[tor-reports] ilv's SoP status report #1

ilv ilv at torproject.org
Fri Jul 17 20:52:26 UTC 2015

Hello people,

This is my first status report for the SoP's project "Enhance GetTor".
During the first two weeks I have:

* Changed the body of the messages sent by the email autoresponder [1].
This needs more work, though, as it is now sending a lot of information.

* Made some minor fixes and finally deployed the script to upload Tor
Browser to Github [2]. GetTor is now sending links to download Tor
Browser from both Dropbox and Github.

* Suggested the idea of creating a JSON list of tpo's mirrors (like
RecommendedTBBVersions) [3].

* Worked on improve debugging (logging mostly). Still on progress.

* Had a meeting with Sukhbir and Nima. We discussed the current status
of things and plans for the next weeks.

In the next weeks I will:

* Adapt GetTor to send Github links by default, and add an option to ask
for other providers, like Dropbox.

* Work on [3], and add the option to send a mirrors' list from GetTor.

* Deploy the Google Drive script contributed by poly.

That's it for now. Have a nice weekend!

[1] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/16385
[2] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/14835
[3] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/16601