[tor-reports] SponsorR June 2015 report

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Sun Jul 12 02:48:34 UTC 2015

Hello,

here is the June 2015 report for SponsorR:

- We did more work on the following hidden service statistics:

   #15513: Investigate lifetime of IPs on Hidden Services - https://bugs.torproject.org/15513
   #15744: Is 16384 introductions a sane limit for IP rotation? - https://bugs.torproject.org/15744
   #1944: Set up a Torperf to a hidden service - https://bugs.torproject.org/1944
   #13209: Write a hidden service hsdir health measurer - https://bugs.torproject.org/13209

  Most of our analysis is finished, and we hope to publish our results
  to the public soon.

- We found a nasty bug on the way hidden service descriptor are stored
  on the client side, which could cause reachability issues. The issue
  has been analyzed and fixed (#16381).

- Jesse continued work on OnioNS, the Onion Name System. You can find a
  project-specific report here:
  https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2015-July/009049.html

- Donncha continued work on onionbalance, the hidden service load
  balancer. You can find a project-specific report here:
  https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-reports/2015-July/000869.html