[tor-reports] dgoulet's June 2015

David Goulet dgoulet at ev0ke.net
Wed Jul 1 14:14:34 UTC 2015

# Status report for June 2015

- Worked on writing a script that parses the HSDir health csv logs and
  do graphs with the data. Those are in the hs-health repository.

  See section "#13209 Analysis" for a bit of information on the latest
  results. --> https://etherpad.mozilla.org/F8P18C7wYp-hs-stats

  Thanks to asn's help, turns out we can't answer question at #13208 for
  now with the current setup but Torperf has useful fat for it though.

- Read and analyzed the Usenix security 2015 attack on hidden service.
  (Still not public though :S)

- Helped the Tor Messenger team with a review before the third alpha
  release. BTW, everyone reading this should play with it, they did (do)
  a fantastic job!

  https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2015-June/008991.html

- Tor SoP about DonnchaC's OnionBalance. Didn't deploy it yet but it
  will happen in the next days!

  https://onionbalance.readthedocs.org/en/latest/design.html
  https://pypi.python.org/pypi/OnionBalance/0.1.0

- Prepared for the SponsorR quaterly and HS meeting in July.

  --> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/meetings/2015HiddenServiceMeeting

- Review and work on trac tickets. Here some that are worth mentionning:

  #4862: Consider disabling dynamic intro point formula (numerology)
    |--> Once merged, this should fix #8239, #8864 and partially #13483.
  #13642: Implement offline encrypted master keys for Ed25519 identities
  #14917: Client's choice of rend point can leak info about hidden service's
  guard relay
  #16260: HS can repick an expired intro points or one that we've already
  picked
  #16288: The open file limit is not checked before calling
  tor_accept_socket_nonblocking()
  #16381: Bad timestamp check when storing an HS descriptor on the client
    |-> #16389: Redesign the HS client descriptor cache
    |-> #16399: Create rendcache.{c|h} for hidden service descriptor cache