[tor-reports] Philipp's January 2015
phw at torproject.org
Wed Jan 28 16:14:36 UTC 2015
- I improved a volunteer's existing exitmap module  to detect relays
which tamper with HTTP redirects. We used this module to badexit a
number of relays.
- I started working on a Go tool to find Sybils in the Tor network. I
started by reimplemented doctor's Sybil checker and ran it over the
consensus archives provided by CollecTor . The code is freely
- I helped a journalist understand Tor and censorship. The article was
published (in Swedish) in IDG .
- I did some data crunching to estimate how many relays and clients
in the network still speak old link protocols . There are some
remaining open questions, e.g., why my two relays have very different
statistics, but I won't have time to investigate in the near future.
- Thanks to Damian's suggestion, I implemented lazy parsing for
zoossh . It resulted in quite a speedup.
- I worked on a small usability fix for Atlas .
More information about the tor-reports