[tor-reports] December 2014

Matt Pagan matt at pagan.io
Fri Jan 23 07:17:53 UTC 2015

Here's what Matt P. did in December 2014

I did some Tor advocacy at the Chaos Communications Congress in Hamburg.

I contributed to the 74th, 75th, and 76th issues of Tor Weekly News.

I updated all gitweb links on the website to use cgit format(#14005).

I made two contributions to check that have now been pulled in:
https://github.com/arlolra/check/pull/26
https://github.com/arlolra/check/pull/25

I resolved 82 help desk tickets, concerning these topics:
[05] - [WARN] Proxy Client: unable to connect to XXX.XXX.XX.XX:31493 ("TTL
       expired") OR ("server rejected connection")
[03] - "Unable to connect"
[03] - "A copy of Firefox is already open."
[02] - Something Went Wrong! Tor is not working in this browser.
[02] - Requesting relay information failed (missing pluggable transport).
[02] - My bridges no longer work
[02] - Is email I send using Tor anonymous?
[02] - Empty email
[01] - Why does bridges.torproject.org show up in a foreign language?
[01] - Where can I find specs for DNS2SOCKS?
[01] - When I install Tor Browser as Administrator I can only run it as
       Administrator and no other account.
[01] - What type of bridges should I use if I want to edit Wikipedia?
[01] - [WARN] Problem bootstrapping. Stuck at 10%: Finishing handshake with
       directory server. (Unexpected identity in router certificate;
IDENTITY;
       count 14; recommendation warn)
[01] - [Warning] Could not bind to 127.0.0.1:9050: Address already in use
       [WSAEADDRINUSE ]. Is Tor already running?
[01] - "video format or MIME type is not supported"
[01] - Tor fails when I set ExitNode in my torrc.
[01] - The Windows Tor bundles are not up to date.
[01] - The server rejected the handshake because the client downgraded to a
       lower TLS version than the server supports. (Error code:
       ssl_error_inappropriate_fallback_error)
[01] - Now that I've chowned Tor Browser as root, it won't start.
[01] - None of the bridge types circumvent a strict firewall.
[01] - My Tor/Vidalia/Polipo bundle keeps crashing with Firefox.
[01] - My company is looking for anonymous internet browsing on a few
devices
       simultaneously
[01] - My bookmarks are missing after I upgrade Tor Browser.
[01] - Is Tor still safe given the attack by Lizard Patrol?
[01] - Is the blog message about an attack on Tor related to the Sony hack?
[01] - I heard the FBI uses metasploit to exploit Tor users.
[01] - If I run apt-get install tor am I an exit relay?
[01] - I downloaded Tor Browser and got malware
[01] - I clicked the link to Download Tor Browser Update... now what?
[01] - How to start Tor Browser in Kali Linux
[01] - How do I enable Javascript?
[01] - How does Tor work.
[01] - How can I set up a relay from my house.
[01] - How can I run Tor on a raspberry pi?
[01] - How can I get a Tor sticker?
[01] - Having trouble verifying the Tor Browser signature.
[01] - Google reports suspicious activity on this account.
[01] - Establishing an encrypted directory connection failed (done).
[01] - "Doesn't work"
[01] - Can't boot Tails on a Mac
[01] - Can I configure Tor Browser to use a proxy IP and port?
[01] - Can I be deanonymized if my Tor connection fails suddenly, the way I
       can with a VPN?
[01] - All my files have been encrypted by ransomware