[tor-reports] SponsorR December 2014 report
desnacked at riseup.net
Tue Jan 13 18:38:56 UTC 2015
here is the December 2014 report for SponsorR:
- In the beginning of December we revised the hidden service
statistics proposal . We also implemented the statistics in tor
and after asking for review and feedback from the community we got
the code merged upstream. The code has since been released as
We then asked volunteers to run our code on their relays. In just a
few days we had over 70 relays submitting hidden service statistics
which gave us a data set that could be analyzed.
Finally, we started the analysis of the data by writing a
document  that details our findings and tries to extrapolate from
our limited dataset to the whole Tor network.
- We revised the tech report that enumerates the various hidden
service statistics . It's currently still a draft and will likely
be improved further in the following months.
- Aaron Johnson started a [tor-dev] thread  with some ideas on protocols
that allow better and more accurate statistics collection while
preserving the privacy of hidden services.
- David Goulet wrote a post  on his technique for benchmarking the
performance of hidden services. The post includes some interesting
graphs on the performance of hidden service circuit establishment .
- Started work on combining the Shadow simulator with tracing, to
measure hidden service performance on simulated networks.
More information about the tor-reports