[tor-reports] Philipp's February 2015

Philipp Winter phw at torproject.org
Fri Feb 27 22:53:16 UTC 2015

- I talked to a journalist from the Wall Street Journal and helped her
  understand censorship in China and how Tor is affected.

- I added code to exitmap that makes it easier to write modules.  For
  example, exitmap now has an API to write analysis results to disk and
  to issue HTTP requests that resemble TorBrowser.  I also added more
  docstrings.

- I extended zoossh by fixing bugs, adding unit tests, and by adding
  convenient API functions.

- I added an option to sybilhunter that analyses how often a given Tor
  relay changed its fingerprint.  I also spent more time thinking and
  reading about how to detect and prevent Sybil attacks:
  <http://notebooks.nymity.ch/detecting_sybils.html>

Cheers,
Philipp