[tor-reports] Karsten's January 2015
karsten at torproject.org
Fri Feb 6 18:57:35 UTC 2015
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
- Talked to relay operators to get the new hidden-service statistics
deployed on some fast relays.
- Briefly looked into broken unit tests of Laplace noise code added
for hidden-service statistics (#14090).
- Analyzed hidden-service statistics and experimented with ways to
extrapolate reported statistics to obtain network totals.
- Published a technical report on extrapolating hidden-service
statistics together with George and with kind help of Aaron Johnson.
- Attended almost-weekly Sponsor R meetings.
- Talked to Tor Messenger/support/Stormy folks to come up with
contract deliverables for their H1/2015 contracts.
- Re-created Tor brochures for which we only had sources produced
with commercial software, and tweaked some technical details in the
- Coordinated the translation of subtitles for an upcoming Tor
animation and the recording of voice-overs.
Onionoo development and operation:
- Solved a nasty problem with TheCthulhu's Onionoo mirror that was
related to wrong UTF-8 handling and that lead to doubling the file
size of some files every time they were read and rewritten.
Tor Network Tools team activities:
- Wrote a monthly team report for December.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1
Comment: GPGTools - http://gpgtools.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the tor-reports