[tor-reports] George's status report: November 2015

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Mon Dec 21 13:13:57 UTC 2015

# Activities of November 2015

- Plenty of progress on prop250 as always (#16943)

  We spent time thinking about how to generate the shared randomness
  value (SRV) in a way that avoids nasty edge cases:
   https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2015-November/009903.html

  Based on that thread and multiple IRC discussions, we improved how SRVs are
  inserted on the consensus in a way that makes it much harder to cause edge
  cases on the real network (tm).

  We also introduced a killswitch mechanism for the shared randomness protocol
  so that dirauths can turn it off the feature through torrc if it causes too
  much negative chaos.

- I took another look at the "Got INTRODUCE2 with no corresponding
  rend_intro_point_t" ticket (#16702), and found a potential cause for the
  bug. We promptly fixed it and hopefully this time for good.

- Did some code reviews (#17254, #8195).

- Helped Kate counter the CMU attack bad press.

# Activities for December 2015

- More finalizing & testing work needs to be done on prop250. I think we are
  almost there.

- Need to code the changes that teor requested for the HS RSOS mode (#17178).

- Help move the bug bounties project forward.

- CCC time!