[tor-reports] dgoulet's November 2015

David Goulet dgoulet at ev0ke.net
Tue Dec 8 19:28:00 UTC 2015

# Status report for November 2015

- Continue work on the implementation of the shared randomness with asn.

  See branch prop250_v4 in my repository for the latest code (and ticket
  #16943).

  In the coming weeks of December, the goal is to add as much testing as we
  can and fix edge cases as we find them.

- Attended SponsorR meeting in DC from 9th to 13th.

  We did get a pretty nice "go ahead" to start working on next generation
  hidden services in a more serious way. So yay!!

- Worked on some graphs of the tor network.

  You can find them here: http://ygzf7uqcusp4ayjs.onion

  HS graph with more juicy details:
  https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2015-November/009971.html

- Worked on our Jabber server but hit some technical roadblocks thus server is
  still not up and running. Hopefully, we'll be able to get a better VM for
  it. Thanks to weasel for his help.

- Participated in the Tor Metrics discussion

  https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2015-November/009983.html

- Review and work on tickets (unfortunately too few...)

  #13802: Add instrumentation to tor
    Branch is almost completed. Hit a technical issue that yet needs to be
    solved. Most of this in the short term will be used for KIST measurement
    with shadow.