[tor-reports] Donncha's SoP Status Report 5

Donncha O'Cearbhaill donncha at donncha.is
Fri Aug 21 13:25:09 UTC 2015

Hello all,

This is my sixth biweekly status report for my hidden
service scaling / load-balancing SoP project.

Over the last two weeks I:

* spent most of my time at Chaos Communication Camp, where I had lots of
useful discussions, in particular with my mentors George and David.

* I completed a initial implementation of the Complex mode of operation
in OnionBalance. This implementation will need some reworking and code
review before I am ready to merge it. It adds significant complexity and
I want to be sure that I fully understand any potential risks it might
introduce.

Over the next two weeks I will work improving the 'Complex mode' and
making changes to #14846 so that it can be merged before the 0.2.7
freeze. I'll also continue work on packaging OnionBalance for Debian.

Regards,
Donncha