[tor-reports] Donncha's SoP Status Report 5

Donncha O'Cearbhaill donncha at donncha.is
Sun Aug 2 22:34:05 UTC 2015

Hello all,

This is my fifth biweekly status report for my hidden
service scaling / load-balancing SoP project. I've been busy moving
country over the past 2 weeks so this report is little light. I hope to
get back to full productivity over the next two weeks.

Over the last two weeks I:

* Wrote an initial implementation of #14846 which adds a service-side
descriptor cache required for the OnionBalance 'Complex Mode'. I have
been reworking the feature in response to feedback from asn and dgoulet.

* I've been working on implementing the Complex mode of operation in
OnionBalance.

* Begun working on a blog post which summarizes the results of s7r's
OnionBalance-backed hidden service load testing.

Over the next two weeks I will work completing the 'Complex mode' and
#14846. I'll also work on packaging OnionBalance for Debian

Regards,
Donncha