[tor-reports] George's status report: March 2015
desnacked at riseup.net
Sat Apr 4 02:00:32 UTC 2015
# Activities of March 2015
- Wrote a proposal for increasing the requirements to become an HSDir:
That's trac ticket #8243.
- Helped write a blog post crowdsourcing ideas for our upcoming
Also compiled a wiki page with the various projects that have been
I haven't updated it since the blog post got published.
- Did some analysis on the utilization of Tor bridges based on their
- Helped develop various techniques and fixes for increasing
resistance to DoS attacks on hidden services. That's trac tickets
#15463, #15515, etc.
- Shared some thoughts on the encrypted services project:
- Reviewed #13736. Also reviewed Karsten's Metrics integration of the
hidden service statistics. You can now find all these statistics
using the "Hidden Services" tag of https://metrics.torproject.org/ .
# Activities for April 2015
- Work on upcoming hidden service statistics (#15272). On this note,
Karsten has already done nice work on #15513, and David has been
working on his HSDir health measurements.
- Work more on anti-Dos for hidden services (#15463).
- I should update the Tor website to mention Ahmia on the hidden
service configuration page. And also open a ticket for this task.
- I should also help decide on whether we should allow efficient
port-scanning of hidden services or not. Apprently we made it harder
to port scan hidden services with #13667 and we should think whether
we still want to keep this defence. The argument for ditching it, is
that we know people will port scan anyway, and with #13667 applied
they hurt the network much more.
- Work more on the upcoming crowdfunding campaign.
More information about the tor-reports