[tor-reports] Lunar’s report for August 2014

Lunar lunar at torproject.org
Tue Sep 2 04:22:05 UTC 2014

Hi!

Here’s what kept Lunar busy working on Tor and closely related matters
in August 2014:

Help desk
---------

Handled 177 tickets in English, 32 tickets in French and sorted around
102 spams.

Sent the Tor help desk report for July.

Discussed ways to get the help desk an OpenPGP key. Did some research on
how many users were likely to contact the help desk with email providers
offering STARTTLS encrypted connections. (#12842)

Started internal discussions on the privacy issues of keeping records of
all support requests in the Request Tracker database. No conclusions so
far. (See also #7864 for previous discussions.)

Tor Weekly News

Debian matters
--------------

Got txtorcon/0.11.0-1 and torsocks/2.0.0-1 into Debian unstable.

Uploaded txtorcon/0.11.0-1~bpo70+1 to Debian wheezy-backports.

Attended the 15th annual Debian conference in Portland, Oregon.
These ten days have been *really* productive on moving forward
reproducible builds for Debian packages. For a detailed report, head
over to:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/reproducible-builds/Week-of-Mon-20140901/000198.html
General support for Tor is high. I also met some potential contributors.

Misc.
-----

Officialy switched to my new OpenPGP key. (#12853)

Wrote a draft report describing August activity to be sent to
SponsorF.

Commented on Tor Browser tickets. (#12763, #11199, #12684)

A bit of QA on 3.6.4 and 4.0-alpha-1.

What’s in for September?

Supporting users, Debian packaging, SponsorF reporting, Tor Weekly News,
digging in our presentation archive, sorting out help desk processes…

--
Lunar                                             <lunar at torproject.org>