[tor-reports] boklm's September 2014

Nicolas Vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Thu Oct 2 21:33:34 UTC 2014

The main things I have done in September:

- investigated why many of the mochitests are failing with "Test timed
  out" errors. The reason was that we were running those tests using
  xvfb, without a window manager. I updated the test suite to launch an
  Xorg server with the dummy driver and a window manager to run the tests.

- Made some changes to the update responses script for ticket #13047.
  This script has now been included in builders/tor-browser-bundle.git
  and used to generate the update responses for the 4.0-alpha-2 ->
  4.0-alpha-3 update.

- added a new test that loads a page playing videos in different formats.
  Using mbox we are checking that there is no network leak while those
  videos are played.

- added some documentation about adding new tests:
  https://people.torproject.org/~boklm/tbbtests-doc/new-test.html