[tor-reports] Karsten's September 2014
karsten at torproject.org
Thu Oct 2 13:15:05 UTC 2014
- Reviewed and merged iwakeh's patch to switch to a new logging
- Discussed performance bottlenecks and the possibility of switching to
a database design (#11573).
- Wrote a Nagios script to make sure the front-end is working as expected.
- Evaluated using SonarQube to improve code quality (#13080).
- Started assigning protocol and release versions (#12905, #13088).
- Discussed and reviewed a first patch to switch from Tomcat to Jetty
- Briefly discussed SMTP logging, but decided against it in favor of
more Nagios checks (#13003).
- Commented on the idea of supporting various fingerprint formats (#13135).
- Discussed with Sebastian to include more historical data, but decided
to first include details from votes (#13137).
- Commented on and reviewed a first patch by iwakeh towards providing a
client API (#12944).
- Reviewed iwakeh's patch to avoid escaped forward slashes in contact
- Talked to three friendly people who offered hosting and system
administration for mirrors.
- Reviewed and merged a patch by iwakeh that removes a cyclic
dependency between packages (#12868).
- Switched from copying gabelmoo's cached descriptors via ssh to
downloading gabelmoo's and moria1's cached descriptors via http.
- Made a graph with the PT usage of all transports in different colors
- Held an IRC meeting to discuss the future of Atlas/Globe.
- Set up a Torperf instance to measure hidden service performance (#1944).
- Wrapped up Q3/2014.
- Made graphs with contributed relays and bandwidth by participants of
EFF's second relay challenge.
More information about the tor-reports