[tor-reports] George's status report: November 2014
desnacked at riseup.net
Sun Nov 30 13:53:06 UTC 2014
# Activities of November 2014
- Started a discussion on hidden service statistics and the ways they
should be collected:
As a result, me and Karsten worked on a proposal draft (#13509) on
how to collect the first two statistics about HS usage:
The proposal will need a few revisions and implementation (#13192)
will start on early December.
I also did various SponsorR bureaucracy and organization tasks.
- Survived the Operation Onymous madness:
I helped around with the blog post and contributed to the guard
discovery attack discussion:
I also wrote a small patch that makes it a bit harder to attack HSes
through guard discovery attacks:
I also wrote down some ideas about HS authorization UI that received
I also helped Tom Ritter a bit to move forward with the Certificate
Authorities and Tor hidden services combo:
- Fixed up my guardfraction work based on comment by Nick and
- Helped around on a few tickets:
#9503: Mechanism to provoke an unscheduled heartbeat.
#13126: Deprecate smartlist_choose_node_by_bandwidth() ?
#13838: Potential HS guard discovery using bw stats
#13664: Potential issue with rend cache object when intro points falls to 0.
- Collected all team and community feedback about possible SponsorR
The original thread can be found here:
- I setup obfs4 and fte on my bridge!
# Activities for December 2014
- Finish up the HS statistics proposal and implement it (#13192). Also
deploy it in a few relays to get some initial statistics.
Also work on the HS statistics tech report that Karsten has been
- Further revise my guardfraction work based on the more recent
feedback of Nick. Also reply to #11045 that Damian asked me to.
- Think more about the hidden service crowdfunding ideas we've been
- Reply to a few HS-related threads:
[tor-talk] Isolating a hidden service hit by DDOS
[tor-dev] Researching Tor for Master's Thesis
- CCC CCC CCC CCC
More information about the tor-reports