[tor-reports] Karsten's October 2014
karsten at torproject.org
Fri Nov 7 09:51:14 UTC 2014
- Wrapped up Q3/2014 by resolving all open project tickets for that
- Discussed some tasks for Q4/2014 with developers.
- Attended an IRC meeting hosted by Colin to talk about documentation
- Extended the search parameter to also accept base64-encoded
- Installed an Onionoo mirror on a server kindly offered by TheCthulhu
- Made Onionoo's logs more useful (#13362).
- Clarified when bandwidth graphs are updated (#13394).
- Started adding a new `descriptor` parameter (#13424) and `debug`
document type (#13425).
- Documented a possible discrepancy between exit policy summary showing
"reject 1-65535" although a relay accepts ports and exit connections
- Reviewed and tested a patch to switch from Tomcat to embedded Jetty
- Tweaked memory usage of the hourly importer which led to
out-of-memory exceptions on the new mirror (#13574).
- Outlined tasks for improving bulk imports of descriptor archives
- Started refactoring huge class NodeDetailsStatusUpdater, which is
also related to better supporting bulk imports (#12651).
- Installed Atlas and Globe on the server provided by TheCthulhu and s7r.
- Made sure that metrics-db/CollecTor doesn't choke on `published`
lines in bridge network statuses (#12951).
- Investigated a problem with metrics-db reporting that it's missing
server descriptors, which turned out to be a temporary problem from a
previous run not exiting normally.
- Started planning how to contribute to Sponsor R by adding hidden
services statistics and running performance measurements.
- Discussed a possible redesign of the Tor Metrics website with Leiah
and Jeremy, with feedback from a few other folks.
- Briefly looked into an anti-correlation between OR and obfs3 bridge
users found by David.
- Discussed forming a team of Tor network services people inside Tor,
based on Mike's and Roger's Vegas plan.
- Started discussing better Nagios checks for BridgeDB.
- Moved consensus-health.tpo from yatei to new virtual server henryi.
- Briefly discussed a re-implementation of consensus-health by Tom Ritter.
More information about the tor-reports