[tor-reports] OONI team status report for October 2014
art at torproject.org
Mon Nov 3 13:04:52 UTC 2014
# What we did in October 2014
* We released ooniprobe 1.2.0 and 1.2.2 that include two new tools
oonideckgen and ooniresources making it possible to generate test decks
for a specific country.
For a full changelog see:
* Add some extra keys to the ooniprobe report output:
* Fix bug in backend:
This is a new software component that deals with processing raw
ooniprobe reports, placing them in a database and exposing them to the web.
An overview of this software component can be found here:
* Work on the script for putting the sanitised reports into the database
* Work on script that generates the data formats for visualisation team
* Sanitize .csv files
* Post process the data collected by the bridge DB collector
## Data visualisation
* Produce a prototype of the graphs for the bridge reachability study.
* Organise and attend a hackfest in berlin to bootstrap the bridge
* Meet with censorship researchers in NYC during an event organised by mlab.
# Next steps for November 2014
* Write scripts for generating the bridge_db.json document based on the
data that is given to us from the bridge db team
* Align the dates in the visual timeline
* Better tokenising for bridges so that bridges that have the same
fingerprint, but different transport are grouped properly
* Finish setting up the docker containers for the steps of the data
* Setup disaster recovery procedure and backup:
* Setup monitoring of the probes.
* Add support for obfs4
* Set upper bound in comparison with the control in the bridge
More information about the tor-reports