[tor-reports] boklm's report for April 2014

Nicolas Vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Tue May 6 21:45:59 UTC 2014

Since last report:

- Test suite is now run automatically on new builds, when they have been
  tagged on the git repository and are available on people.torproject.org[1]

- Result of tests run on new releases are now sent to tor-qa mailing list

- I added some tests to try connecting to tor using combinations of
  bridges, PT (obfs3 or fte) and an http proxy.

- I got the tbb test suite running on Windows using Cygwin. I still need
  to deploy this on some VM to have it run automatically.

- Looked at Mbox[2]: a sandboxing tool based on ptrace and seccomp/BPF.
  This can be used in the test suite to get the list of files modified
  by the browser after running a test, to check that it did not create
  or modify files in unexpected places. This can also be used to log
  all network connections, to check that everything goes through tor.
  I was previously thinking about doing that using Docker, but now it
  seems more simple with Mbox.

[1]: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-qa/2014-May/000405.html
[2]: http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/mbox/