[tor-reports] Kelley's April Status Report

Kelley Misata kelley at torproject.org
Mon May 5 15:54:57 UTC 2014

Hi All -

Here are highlights from the world of Tor marketing, communications and
outreach for March:

Apologize for being somewhat quiet for the last few weeks, sadly, my
attention has been diverted focusing on family and people close to me as 3
amazing and beautiful women in my life passed away suddenly - all within
weeks of each other.  So I'm working on catching up and making significant
progress on several deliverables in the next few weeks.

Some of the things that did get accomplished in April include:

*Summer Dev Meeting:*

   - Working with Andrew and Melissa on various logistic and budget
   strategies in the planning of the summer meeting;
   - Research pricing on airfares, hotels, etc;
   - Maintained contact with with our host in Paris regarding the
   announcement of the meeting;
   - Presented to tor-internal the new travel plan for the summer meeting;

* Additionally, I did the following:  *

   - *State Reports:*  worked with Karen and Andrew on delivering the Q1
   and Q2 state reports.
   - *Press Requests:*  Continued fielding and responding to media request
   through execdir.
   - *Sponsor O - Outreach and Training* - Updated the project plan and set
   goals for Q2.  Reconnecting with Karsten on this is top priority for May,
   June and beyond.
   - *Proposals *- monitored our progress with the Knight Foundation
   proposals - unfortunately we did not make it to the next round; however, I
   am continuing to stay in contact with Knight to find other opportunities to
   work with them.
   - *Women in Cyber Security Conference *- spoke at the Women in Cyber
   Security conference, promoted Tor to many talented female developers and
   potential new funders, and presented a poster on some recent research I
   completed.
   - *Circumvention Tech Festival *- working Sandra at OpenITP and others
   on developing a Circumvention Tech Festival in Winter 2015 - possible
   piggyback event for our Winter Conference.

On a positive note, Spring semester at Purdue is wrapping up with one
research paper submitted and one due this week - will be glad to have a few
weeks to catch up before my next round of cryptography coursework begins.

Thanks everyone - see you in Paris next month.
Kelley

--
*Kelley Misata*
*Outreach and Communications*