[tor-reports] Karsten's April

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Thu May 1 13:06:40 UTC 2014

A few things I was planning to make progress on in April:

 - Make plans and define milestones for Sponsor O Q2/2014: done.  Talked
to people working on Sponsor O deliverables and created tickets for
Q2/2014.  The wiki page [0] has all the details.

[0] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/sponsors/SponsorO

 - Help provide graphs for a new Tor Relay Challenge: done.  Wrote some
code [1] to provide graphs for the upcoming EFF Tor relay challenge.

[1] https://github.com/kloesing/challenger

Other things I made progress on in April:

 - Re-enabled processing bridge pool assignments on yatei, which was
suspended in March because of problems with BridgeDB.

 - Almost got Tor Weather running in a virtual machine created by
Vagrant [2].

[2]
https://gitweb.torproject.org/user/karsten/weather.git/shortlog/refs/heads/vagrant

 - Refactored major parts of the Onionoo codebase and implemented a few
new features.  Relevant tickets are #11428, #11430, #11350, #11577.

Things that I'm planning to make progress on in May:

 - Make more plans and define milestones for Sponsor O Q2/2014.

 - Get graphs and website running for new Tor Relay Challenge.

 - Help Sreenatha get up to speed with his GSoC project to rewrite Weather.

 - Help Christian get up to speed with his GSoC project to integrate
Compass' functionality into Globe.