[tor-reports] Pearl Crescent report for March 2014
mcs at pearlcrescent.com
Mon Mar 31 18:48:30 UTC 2014
Tor-related work that the Pearl Crescent team (Kathy Brade and me) did
* Participated in the weekly TBB dev meetings on IRC and spent some
time observing the PT meetings.
* Made more progress on using the Firefox-based updater for TBB. We:
- Rebased our patches to accommodate the new Mozilla git repo.
- Posted to tbb-dev and discussed a proposal to change the TBB
directory structure to be more like Firefox's. Doing this will
simplify our updater patches and solve other problems (e.g.,
dock icon issues on Mac OS). We are experimenting with these
changes and so far the results are promising.
- Posted to tbb-dev and discussed a proposal to use the major
Firefox version number in our TBB version numbers. This also
would simplify our updater patches. For now, we are not
pursuing this due to various unresolved issues and the potential
for user confusion.
* Worked with Mike and others to add more polish to the "Use Default
Bridges" option within Tor Launcher (TBB 3.6). The user interface
will be improved in the future based on feedback received.
* Landed a Firefox patch to add a "get current process ID" API that is
used by Tor Launcher.
* Spent time triaging and addressing various Tor Launcher issues in
a continuing effort to add polish to that extension and to make
make life easier for the support team. Some issues we made
* Assisted with various TBB 3.6b1 / PT issues, including:
Plans for April (same as March):
* Contribute to the TBB 3.6 in whatever way we can.
* Make more progress on 4234 (Firefox-based updater for TBB).
* Continue the efforts to add polish to Tor Launcher.
More information about the tor-reports