[tor-reports] boklm's report for Febuary 2014

Nicolas Vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Thu Mar 13 10:16:16 UTC 2014

Things I've done since last month:

- attended dev meeting in Iceland

- fixed the script to submit tor-browser to mozilla try[1],
  to stop relying on 'FIREFOX_*' tags since they have been removed from
  the new gecko-dev git repository.

- made a script to prune old tbb nightly builds[2]

- started work on a TBB test suite[3]. At the moment it is able to take
  a tbb tarball, a sha256sums.txt file or URL of a sha256sums.txt file
  containing a list of tbb tarballs, check that we can bootstrap tor,
  run mozmill and selenium tests (for now only 2 very simple tests, more
  tests need to be added), and create a test report with screenshots.
  An example report is here[4].

- some work on a new build system, but I have paused that work
  temporarily to concentrate on the TBB test suite which is currently
  higher priority.

- and in other (non-tor) news, next version of git will have an option
  to sign all commits[5] (some patchs I made a few months ago were
  merged to master).

[1]: https://github.com/boklm/tor-browser-try/commit/e158cc7e852b5db58bb4163e807fb719d6b2732f
[2]: https://github.com/boklm/prune-old-builds
[3]: https://gitweb.torproject.org/boklm/tor-browser-bundle-testsuite.git
[4]: https://people.torproject.org/~boklm/tmp/tests/tbb3.5.2.1/
[5]: https://github.com/git/git/commits?author=boklm

Things I'm planning for next month:

- getting the TBB test suite run on TBB nightlies

- implementing more tests in the TBB test suite (ticket #11024 has a
  list of what is planned)