[tor-reports] Matt P. in February 2014

Matt Pagan matt at pagan.io
Sun Mar 9 19:46:51 UTC 2014

Things I did in February:

* I resolved 380 help desk tickets. A breakdown of some support topics
  can be found in the help desk report[0]. The support team is working
  on making support topic breakdowns more detailed.
* I rewrote the "Configuring a Tor Relay" page with updated
  information [1].
* I reported a Tor trademark violation in the Windows Phone store.
  Thanks to Runa and Andrew, the app is now listed on Microsoft's
  website as "no longer published"[2].
* I attended the Tor developers' meeting in Reykjavik, Iceland. Where I
    ** agreed to act as a first point of contact for first-time
       volunteers who want guidance on how to contribute to the Tor
       Project.
    ** agreed to act as the support-team liaison for the browser
       developer team so that frequently-encountered help desk issues
       get brought to their attention.
    ** wrote a patch for Tor that addressed an
       occassionally-encountered support issue, closing ticket #965
       ("Redo DNS tests when exit policy changes from reject *; avoid
       when policy changes to reject * ").

Additionally,
* I made weekly contributions to Tor Weekly News.
* I added six FAQ entries to the website and closed ticket #2133
  ("Migrate relevant wiki faq entries to docs/faq.wml on the website").

[0]:
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-reports/2014-March/000469.html
[1]: https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-doc-relay
[2]: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/10810