[tor-reports] Damian's Status Report - February 2014
atagar at torproject.org
Sun Mar 2 07:08:55 UTC 2014
It was great meeting everyone in Reykjavík! February largely went toward GSoC
prep. Thanks to everybody that sent me project ideas!
This left a lot less time than I'd like for coding. The only noteworthy
changes this month were...
* Added a new 'stem.util.test_tools' module for easily running Pyflakes and
Stem, ExitMap, and arm all do these checks as part of their tests so this
let them shed quite a bit of boilerplate.
Want these checks for your own project? It's easy, so give it a try!
* Stem tutorial example for checking the Tor exits you're using for your
* Couple new Controller methods for checking where Tor is listening for
connections of a given type...
>>> for listener_type in stem.control.Listener:
... ports = map(str, controller.get_ports(listener_type))
... print "%s ports: %s" % (listener_type, ', '.join(ports))
SOCKS ports: 9050
CONTROL ports: 2779
* Gave Sphinx's aafig module a try to see if it could improve our API
In the end I decided against it since this doesn't add much, and it causes
us to render the overview as a svg (so users can't copy/paste function
* Sent Philipp some improvements for ExitMap...
More information about the tor-reports