[tor-reports] Philipp's January 2014

Philipp Winter phw at torproject.org
Fri Jan 31 16:24:16 UTC 2014

- I released ScrambleSuit version 2014.01.a and 2014.01.b.  Both releases
  consist of minor improvements, unittests, and extensions to be compatible
  with recent changes in the obfsproxy API.

- Together with George, I started working on a set of patches to integrate
  ScrambleSuit into obfsproxy.  There's some more work to be done but it's
  looking quite good already:

- I published the "Spoiled Onions" paper which kept me busy over the last
  months:
  http://www.cs.kau.se/philwint/spoiled_onions/
  https://blog.torproject.org/blog/what-spoiled-onions-paper-means-tor-users

  This is still ongoing work and we plan to keep looking for and reporting bad
  exit relays.

- I did some exitmap refactoring:
  https://github.com/NullHypothesis/exitmap

Cheers,