[tor-reports] Pearl Crescent status report for February 2014
mcs at pearlcrescent.com
Fri Feb 28 17:50:23 UTC 2014
Tor-related work that the Pearl Crescent team (Kathy and me) did in
* Finished adding a "Use Default Bridges" option to Tor Launcher.
Mike recently merged these changes into master, so they will soon
appear in TBB 3.6 builds. The user interface may evolve in the
future; see for example ticket 11071.
* Worked with the Tails developers to incorporate a few Tor Launcher
enhancements that will allow Tails to use Tor Launcher as a
standalone Tor configuration utility. Thanks to anonym for
* Improved the user experience for non-English speaking users by
incorporating the translated Tor status and error messages from
Vidalia into Tor Launcher. This turned out to require quite a
bit of work, but since the status messages are seen by TBB users
each time they start the browser, the benefit is large too. These
changes should appear in TBB 3.6 and possibly in a 3.5.x release.
* Helped a little with various TBB 3.5.x and 3.6 (PT) issues.
See the list marked with % below.
* Spent time triaging and addressing various Tor Launcher issues in
a continuing effort to add polish to that extension and to
(hopefully) make life easier for the support team. See the list
marked with %% below.
* Started to review the notes from the 2014 Winter Dev Meeting with
an eye toward understanding where we should contribute, ensuring
that bugs are filed for components we own (e.g., Tor Launcher), etc.
Plans for March:
* Contribute to TBB 3.6 in whatever way we can.
* Make more progress on 4234 (Firefox-based updater for TBB).
* Continue the efforts to add polish to Tor Launcher.
* Finish reviewing the notes from the 2014 Winter Dev Meeting.
* Work on (or find someone else on the TBB team to work on)
the hang issues that people suspect are caused by bugs in the
Firefox socket transport code (e.g., tickets # 9531 and 10804).
% Other TBB tickets that we helped with in February:
%% Other Tor Launcher tickets that we helped with in February:
More information about the tor-reports