[tor-reports] George's status report: January 2014

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Mon Feb 3 17:24:26 UTC 2014

# Top goals of January 2014

- Attended the RWC workshop. It was an interesting event. You can read
  more about it here:
  https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-weekly-news-%E2%80%94-january-29th-2014

- Helped Philipp with the final bits of scramblesuit. It's ready for
  merge and deployment. Might even happen today.

- Helped Kevin with FTE. The code review is finished and Kevin is now
  trying to build Pluggable Transport bundles with FTE included. The
  time for FTE deployment is getting closer!

- Did some more research on Hidden Services. During RWC we discussed
  some leftover items with Nick; you can find the results of the
  discussion here:
  https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2014-January/006099.html

  I also started a thread about key revocation in HSes:
  https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2014-January/006146.html
  It got a reply by Nick Hopper which is worth looking into.

- Wrote a post describing how PTs work in managed mode with Tor. It
  might help other projects incorporate PTs in their applications. You
  can find the post here:
  https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2014-January/031984.html
  I'm planning to turn that post into a proper document at some point.

# Top goals for February 2014

- Finally merge scramblesuit, ask bridge operators to start using
  scramblesuit in their bridges and maybe deploy a PTTBB with it?

- Attend the Tor development meeting. My plan is to use the meeting to
  get a good idea of what we need to do in PTs and HSes during the
  next year.