[tor-reports] Matt P. in November 2014
matt at pagan.io
Fri Dec 5 04:24:31 UTC 2014
Matt P. in November 2014
In November, I resolved 150 questions at the help desk.
I also spent some time reorienting after taking the month of
I spent some time talking with others about what would be
required for the Tor Project to support a Tor on iOS solution.
Here are the tickets I resolved this month, sorted by frequency.
 - Something Went Wrong! Tor is not working in this browser.
 - "Doesn't work".
 - On Windows, no Window opens after Tor Browser 4 is started.
 - On Mac, no Window opens after Tor Browser is started
 - Firefox is already running.
 - [WARN] Problem bootstrapping. Stuck at 10%: Finishing handshake
with directory server.
 - Request for bridges
 - I'm in China and my obfs3 bridges no longer work.
 - Could not connect to Tor control port.
 - [WARN] The connection to the HTTP proxy server at XXX.XX.XX.X:53
just failed. Make sure that the proxy server is up and running.
 - "Vidalia was unable to start Tor."
 - How can I help out with Tor?
 - Empty email
 - [WARN] Our clock is X days, X hours, X minutes behind the time
published in the consensus network status document. Tor needs an
accurate clock to work correctly. Please check your time and
 - "Tor unexpectedly exited. This might be due to a bug in Tor
itself, another program on your system, or faulty hardware."
 - Tor Browser won't open while using an OpenVPN-based VPN.
 - Tor Browser is asking me what is my proxy type and port number.
 - Someone is using Tor to attack my website or business.
 - [NOTICE] Bootstrapped 25%: Loading networkstatus consensus
 - I downloaded from your website but don't see it.
 - How can I retrieve the bookmarks I lost when I upgrade Tor
 - Given the hidden services takedown, is Tor broken and putting
users at risk?
 - "Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that can’t be
found." on Mac.
 - Can't use cypherpunks account
 - After a restart, Tor Browser still trusts/distrusts a root CA I
deleted/added in Preferences.
 - Why is Torbirdy in Arabic for me?
 - Why is StartPage the default search engine when it never works?
 - Why can't I use the updater from torbutton in Tor Browser 4.0?
 - Which Tor Browser do I need for Android?
 - What's the proper way to use Tor Browser?
 - What protocol will Tor traffic be using after it leaves the Tor
 - What ports does Tor use?
 - What other tools besides Orbot can I use to secure my mobile
 - What is Linux or Unix?
 - What flags should I use to build OpenSSL so that Tor doesn't
 - What does the alert with an image of a painter's palette mean?
 - What are the best settings to use for Tor Browser?
 - What are the best email providers to use with Tor?
 - [WARN] The https proxy sent back an unexpected status code 407
 - [Warning] Error replacing "C:/Program Files (x86)/Tor
Browser/Data/Tor\cached-microdescs": Permission denied
 - [WARN] Certificate already expired. Either their clock is set
wrong, or your clock is wrong.
 - Unacceptable option value: HTTPSProxy failed to parse or resolve.
 - Tor weather didn't recognize my relay's fingerprint.
 - Tor hangs on certain websites.
 - Torbutton: Unexpected error on new identity: [Exception...
"Component returned failure code: 0x80520015
nsresult: "0x80520015(NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED)" location:
"JS frame ::chrome://torbutton/content torbutton.js ::
torbutton_do_new_identity :: line 1727" data: no]
 - Tor Browser crashes when I try to use Flash.
 - The verification key listed at https://trac.torproject.org
/projects/tor/wiki/torbirdy#VerifyingtheXPI isn't the same as
the key ID seen from GPG.
 - The Tor Browser home page doesn't say anything about Firefox. Is
it supposed to?
 - Surprised that Tor Browser works without arm installed.
 - Should I use Tor Browser or Tails?
 - Please update your instructions for setting up relay on Mac.
 - Please make the Windows bundles for the latest version of Tor
available for download.
 - Outdated instructions on using Tor Cloud.
 - [NOTICE] Pluggable transport proxy (flashproxy exec
Tor\PluggableTransports\flashproxy-client --register :0 :9000)
does not provide any needed transports and will not be launched.
 - Network is unreachable [WSAENETUNREACH ]
 - My symlink to start-tor-browser on Debian don't work.
 - My antivirus said the Vidalia Relay Bundle was malware.
 - I think your browser broke my proxy settings and now I can't use
 - Is wget safe to use with torsocks 2.0?
 - Is Tor Browser a relay by default?
 - Is there a way for me to upgrade my Tor Browser without having
to redo all my settings and bookmarks?
 - Is there a Tor tutorial to help get me started?
 - Is my connection proxied or censored?
 - Is it safe to watch YouTube videos with HTML5?
 - Is it safe to use Tor Browser and Internet Explorer at the same
 - I'm behind a cyberoam firewall
 - How to use Tor Browser on a Chromebook.
 - How to set the homepage in Tor Browser.
 - How to make Tor Browser use custom Directory Authorities.
 - How do I upgrade Vidalia?
 - How do I read and send email with Tor.
 - How do I get the lock icon for HTTPS to come up on a website I
want to use.
 - How do I close open ports on my computer to stay safe while
using Tor Browser?
 - How can Tor be anonymous if UK law requires ISPs to record IP
 - How can I use Vidalia with Tor Browser?
 - How can I use Tor Browser when my local network bans all
programs named Firefox.
 - How can I use my own custom Firefox instead of Tor Browser?
 - How can I see my tabs and browsing history from my previous
 - How can I run bittorrent over Tor?
 - How can I route an application's traffic through Tor.
 - As an administrator, how can I distinguish Tor traffic from
other traffic on a network?
 - Having trouble setting up a bridge
 - Given the hidden services takedown I won't use Tor anymore
because it's obvious Tor is backdoored.
 - Firefox menus are in English instead of German.
 - Does Tor on Android block MSISDN?
 - Can't run Tor Browser on Windows XP with 1MB of RAM
 - Can't get Tor Browser to work with Mac Voiceover for visually
 - Can't access the Tor Project website.
 - Can I use Tor Browser to circumvent my college's firewall?
 - Can I use Tor Browser to automate repeated search engine queries?
 - Can I run a relay on my Windows laptop?
 - Am I protected from the NSA when using Tor Browser?
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the tor-reports