[tor-reports] Karsten's November 2014
karsten at torproject.org
Mon Dec 1 13:45:54 UTC 2014
- Helped write a proposal draft for adding lots of hidden-service
statistics to relays. In particular, focused on statistics to be
reported by rendezvous points and considered possible benefits and risks
of doing so.
- Ran quick analysis of event logs produced by Torperf to give some
early answers to dgoulet's performance questions.
- Contributed to asn's short hidden-service statistics proposal that
adds two statistics to relays acting as hidden-service directories and
- Started turning the jointly written hidden-service proposal into a
technical report with planned publication date of January 12, 2015.
- Continued refactoring the huge class NodeDetailsStatusUpdater to: fix
cases when "running" and "hibernating" fields in details documents were
not updated correctly; prepare supporting bulk imports better; and make
the code there more readable and extensible (#12651).
- Merged and deployed iwakeh's patch to use an embedded web
server/servlet engine (13089).
- Rebased and deployed a patch from October to support base64-encoded
fingerprints in the `search` parameter (#13135).
- Wrote and deployed two patches to remove the advertised bandwidth
fraction field from relay details documents (#13673) and to remove
advertised bandwidth and advertised bandwidth fraction graphs from
weights documents (#13674).
- Wrote small patches to remove advertised bandwidth fraction graphs
from details pages and replace them with middle probability graphs
(related to #13674).
- Changed navigation towards having a single graph or table per web
page, and added new pages for data files.
- Rewrote most of the website text and added a glossary of
frequently-used terms, both of which were kindly reviewed and improved
More information about the tor-reports