[tor-reports] Ahmia: Juha's report for August

Juha Nurmi juha.nurmi at ahmia.fi
Fri Aug 22 18:19:04 UTC 2014

Hi,

GSoC is over but I stick around. I continue to develop and maintain
ahmia. GSoC was an excellent opportunity to work with ahmia. Thank you
all! I am keeping touch with my mentor and the Tor community. :)

Here is a little status report what I am doing right now.

There are two major technical problems that should be fixed:

1) Apache WSGI processes are filling the memory
-> Memory leak?
-> The problem started when I included Haystack module to Django
-> I am try to find the solution and ask from the Haystack developers
-> Now solved by restarting Apache every day

2) Apache Solr
-> Works fine, but needs tweaking
-> What features of Solr ahmia should use to get better search results
-> Could someone help with this?

Furthermore, some good news!

Electronic Frontier Finland (Effi)[1] is launching a Tor campaign[2]. We
have a little Tor team here. Effi started to run exit nodes and joined
to Torservers.

Electronic Frontier Finland (Effi) is a Finnish on-line civil rights
organization founded in 2001. While not formally affiliated with the
U.S.-based Electronic Frontier Foundation, the two organizations share
many of their goals. Effi is a member of the Global Internet Liberty
Campaign and a founding member of European Digital Rights (EDRi).

The campaign page is in GitHub[3].

[1] http://effi.org/
[2] http://tor.effi.org/
[3] https://github.com/SipuliSopuli/effi-tor