[tor-reports] boklm's report for March 2014

Nicolas Vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Thu Apr 17 08:29:00 UTC 2014

Things I've done in March and (since I'm sending this late) begining of
April:

- setup a few VMs running different Linux distributions (CentOS 6.5,
  Fedora 20, Debian Wheezy, Ubuntu 12.04), to run tests on TBB.

- made the test suite run on TBB nightlies, and new releases

- added some more tests [1]

- added upload of Windows TBB files to virustotal [2]

- wrote some documentation about how to install / run the test suite,
  and how to add new tests [3]

- started looking at how to run the tests on Windows, using Cygwin

- answered RT tickets on french help desk for a week while Lunar was offline

[1]: https://people.torproject.org/~boklm/tbbtests/tests.html
[2]: https://people.torproject.org/~boklm/tbbtests/r/3.6-beta-2-build3-win32-virustotal/
[3]: https://people.torproject.org/~boklm/tbbtests-doc/

Some things I'm planning for April:

- get tests running on Windows

- review tickets tagged with tbb-testcase to see what tests are needed

- add an option to run tests in Docker. This should allow us to have
  two things: a list of all modified files after running a test, so we
  can check that the browser does not leave any data in unexpected
  places, and a virtual network interface that we can use to log all
  traffic, so we can check that everything is going through Tor.