[tor-reports] Matt P. in March 2014

Matt Pagan matt at pagan.io
Tue Apr 1 04:59:12 UTC 2014

Things I did in March
---------------------

* I resolved 417 help desk tickets. Here's the response I give out most
frequently:

"""
First you should try deleting your entire Tor Browser folder, then
download and install the Tor Browser again.
https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.en

Make sure your system clock is accurate.

If that does not work, try disabling your firewall and then run Tor
Browser. If that works, add an exception for Tor in your firewall. The
same thing for your anti-virus program. Try disabling your anti-virus
program(s) and then run Tor Browser. If that works, try making an
exception for Tor in your anti-virus program.
"""

* I created 3 new articles for use on the help desk:

  ^ "Tor-related error window from browser"
  ^ "Use FTE or flashproxy in 3.6 beta"
  ^ "I want to volunteer"

* I worked a little bit on a stem/wxPython based Tor controller. I've
stopped working on this for now based on feedback I got [0].

* I made weekly contributions to Tor Weekly News.

* I relayed frequent help desk issues to the Tor Browser team.

* I resolved these website tickets:
  #10902: "Our download pages still tell Windows users to extract TBB"
  #11202: "Andrea Shepard is a Tor developer"

  Other website modifications I made:

  ^ Updated the front page calendar.
  ^ Added Tor Weekly News to the volunteer page.
  ^ Removed some outdated FAQ entries.
  ^ Linked to "Lifecycle of a New Relay" on the tor-relay-debian page.

* I submitted a Tor patch to resolve #9059: "Deprecate ClientOnly config
option".

* In completely unrelated news, I submitted a patch to the NumPy project
[1].

[0]: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2014-March/006429.html
[1]: http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2014-March/069628.html

--