[tor-reports] What Nick did in August.

Nick Mathewson nickm at torproject.org
Thu Sep 5 03:09:35 UTC 2013

* I wrote some proposals, including:
   * 220  Migrate server identity keys to Ed25519
   * 221  Stop using CREATE_FAST
   * 222  Stop sending client timestamps

  I also revised and submitted a proposal of Ondrej's:
   * 219  Support for full DNS and DNSSEC resolution in Tor

* I reviewed and merged (or prepared for merge) and sometimes tweaked
a huge pile of things, including but not limited to:
   * Seccomp2 round 2.
   * Stuff for #4773/#5040 for pluggable transport stats and ExtORPort
integration
   * George's first draft hidden service revision proposals
   * Stuff for #5609, #6153, #5526..

* I finished triaging all the bugs tagged for 0.2.5.x.  (Perhaps we
should cut back, and do half of the must-do items for 0.2.5.x to get
it done sooner.)

* I worked on a proposal to try to get improved testing funded in a
way that's actually likely to help security.

* I helped debug the UTP implementation/code/stuff.

   * Lots of coverity fixes.
   * A branch to log stack traces on assert or crash.
   * #6055 to re-enable TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 (still needs review)
   * #9546, a nasty correctness bug.
   * #9366, #9543,