[tor-reports] Pearl Crescent status report for September 2013

Mark Smith mcs at pearlcrescent.com
Wed Oct 2 03:11:41 UTC 2013

Tor-related work that Mark and Kathy did this month:

- Assisted with TorBirdy (patching Thunderbird as well as
   fixes to Tor Launcher to improve compatibility).

- Continued making progress adapting Firefox's updater for use in TBB.
   Next steps: resolve issues related to handling of TBB version,
               updating of the bundled extensions, and
               work with Mike and Erinn to create a process to generate
               MAR files (which will contain the TBB updates).

- Spent some time polishing Tor Launcher for TBB 3.x:

- Spent time updating various Tor Browser patches for Firefox ESR 24.
   Includes a rewrite of DOM Storage isolation due to a rewrite by
   Mozilla staff.  To reduce the risk of regressions, we plan to do
   more testing of the patches that we updated as well as help Mike
   with the other patches that still need to be updated.

--
Mark Smith
Pearl Crescent