[tor-reports] Pearl Crescent status report for November 2013
mcs at pearlcrescent.com
Fri Nov 29 17:40:41 UTC 2013
Tor-related work that Mark and Kathy did this month:
* Continued to make progress on ticket 4234:
"Investigate the Firefox update process"
- ported in-progress patch to Firefox ESR 24 code base.
- added feature to replace folders when applying an
update (this will allow us to update bundled extensions).
- added capability to set TBB version number via a configure
option (necessary because we sometimes need access to the
version number when user preferences are not yet available).
Our goal is to use a patched version of Firefox's software update
mechanism to make it a lot easier and less painful for end-users
to keep TBB up-to-date. Remaining work to do:
- Create a process to generate MAR files when new releases of
TBB are generated.
- Address other deployment details such as where the TBB
update service will be hosted, update service certificates, etc.
- Get patches reviewed and committed.
* Fixed an additional case (paths that contain '.') for ticket 9173:
"Relocate RelativeLink functionality to Firefox patch"
* Reported and researched ticket 10201:
"Firefox ESR 24 sometimes hangs during exit on Mac OS"
We are still investigating this; so far we know that Firefox's
nsSocketTransport service is not shutting down, which prevents
the browser from exiting.
* Contributed to the discussion in ticket 9444:
"Create deterministic TorBrowserBundles with Pluggable Transports"
* Did some testing of TBB 3.0rc1 builds on Mac and Windows.
No problems found.
* Responded to Mike Perry's questions regarding various Firefox
Pearl Crescent, LLC
More information about the tor-reports